Kindy made delicious Navajo Tacos, so here is a recipe I found online:
• For Navajo Fry Bread:
• 4-5 Cups flour
• 1/2 Cup instant milk
• 3-1/2 tsp Baking powder
• 2 Cups water
• 1 tsp Salt
• 1-1/2 lbs Ground beef
• 1 Can pinto beans
• 1 Onion, chopped
• 3/4 tsp Garlic salt
• Grated cheese
• Oil for frying
How to make Navajo Tacos:
• Take a bowl and mix ingredients to make fry bread.
• Pour water and stir well.
• Knead the dough lightly, cover and keep aside for about 15 minutes.
• Heat one inch vegetable oil in a 10 inches skillet.
• Pinch off dough in small amounts and pat the dough into thin 8 inches circles.
• Fry them in the hot oil until brown on both sides.
• Now drain on paper towels.
• To make filling heat oil and fry ground beef and onion until brown, drain.
• Add beans and garlic salt with it.
• Simmer for about 10 to15 minutes.
• To serve, spoon filling onto the fry bread.
• Top with grated cheeses, lettuce, onion and salsa